This year is not slowing down for the SESHRM Board. I continue to be amazed by all of our Board Members with their attitudes of “Getting Things Done!” I like one of Steve Jobs quotes, “Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a TEAM of people.” We have a great team of people that are passionate about the success of SESHRM. So…. who would like to join in our success!? We currently have two Boards positions available. The first one is a Programs Co-Director and the second one is a newly created Communications Director. Look on the front page of our website for more details and send me an e-mail at email@example.com if you are interested!
Let’s also talk about the other things we are getting done:
- Our 7 Member Resource Groups have had their initial meetings in April. I was able to attend one of the Senior Leadership group and am excited to network with other HR professionals in a more intimate environment that will allow for more collaboration.
- Let’s talk Technology:
- I informed members that we will be introducing texting. Please go in and update your profile to include your cell phone numbers. Our plan is to text twice per month and members can opt out at any time.
- Our plan is to continue to utilize Zoom for our monthly meetings for the time being. We are researching if zoom and in-person can be offered simultaneously. Our monthly attendance continues to be strong while offering zoom; however, we believe there are members that would like an in-person option. The SESHRM Board will be conducting a test run and iron out any bugs prior to offering it at a monthly meeting.
- Sarah Hanson, President Elect, is working with the Salary Survey committee to ensure we are offering some valuable salary information in a continued tight labor market.
- Krysta Widman, Certification Director, met with the current SESHRM members that are participating in the Certification Preparation Course. Be watching for new Certified Members soon. Good luck to all!
- Alex Clark, Legislative Directive, attended the SHRM Legislative Conference virtually. He also was chosen to be the member daily host on one of the days. Thanks for your work on this Alex!
Our May monthly meeting will be one you won’t want to miss!! Elisa Garn is a VP of Thought Leadership & Brand Marketing – GBS Benefits and Utah SHRM Executive Director. Elisa will be discussing How HR can transition from a tactical operator to a strategic partner.
Hope everyone has a great May!
Mary Jo Vance, SHRM-SCP
SESHRM Chapter President