Hello SESHRM Members -
Fall is upon us which means pumpkin spice lattes, football, crockpot recipes and lots of SESHRM happenings! We encourage you to participate in one or several of the upcoming events.
· Salary Survey – Thank you for those that participated! There were 79 surveys completed by HR professionals in various industries. This is an excellent tool to ensure your organization is staying competitive in todays market. If you did not participate but would like to purchase a survey, the link is: SESHRM - Online store product
· The board is working with Gallagher to provide a virtual training session to walk through the findings of the survey. More to come!
· Board Elections - SESHRM will have four upcoming vacancies this year on our board, President-Elect, Programs Co-Director, Marketing Director and Certification Director. If you or someone you know is interested, please contact me or Monique Vanden Huevel for additional information. This is a phenomenal opportunity for self-development and networking.
· Mentorship Program – The SESHRM Board is re-igniting this program as it has had significant success in the past and we know what value it can provide our members. If you are interested in being a mentee or a mentor, please reach out to Alyssa Bainbridge by October 31st. This is such a phenomenal opportunity to grow personally and professionally!
· Student Chapter Meetings – If you have a passion for mentoring upcoming HR professionals, please reach out to Alyssa Bainbridge. This is an excellent opportunity for members to share their professional experiences and skill sets by presenting at a Student Chapter Meeting or mentoring a student member.
· Do you know a standout HR professional that has made significant contributions to the HR profession AND/OR do you know an organization that has made intentional efforts to provide a desirable work environment? We are now accepting nominations for the Workplace Excellence of the Year and HR Professional of the Year Awards.
· In addition to the monthly September meeting, SESHRM will be hosting a workshop on September 25th. This workshop will focus on practical tips and ideas on how to create an inclusive workplace for all employees. Such an important topic! See you there!
A sincere ‘Thank You’ to the 191 of you that participated in the Chapter Survey and for the constructive feedback. 93% of members are satisfied with their SESHRM experience. There are some opportunities with the website and communication. We appreciate the feedback and will work to improve.
Make it a great September!